Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 1.......Windsor

We went for a long drive around Windsor this morning......it's like a patchwork city......we started off in John's neighbourhood - really wide roads and lovely houses - then we went to the downtown area.....we even went to the beach......who would have thought???? The things that I noticed most are the fact that all the houses are different - no two houses are the same - and there are so many long low bungalows - and then the roads....all so wide - it's a good job I'm not driving - I wouldn't see any of the red lights. This evening for dinner we have had a Windsor pizza - good but completely different from the pizzas we get and we went to The Beer Store - very Canadian and where they sell huge bags of ice!!! Oh, and we also had the Tim Hortons experience.......look how many types of coffe you can choose from.....when I asked for a small white coffee the poor girl had no idea what I was talking about.....apparently next time I have to ask for a small single cream (??!!)

Just a regular residential road
Now do you see why I would never stop at a red light???
Detroit from the Windsor side
Look carefully Thomas......what can you see??
Krispy kremes are better......
How to make having a coffee complicated!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment